oldsmobile forums   oldsmobile forums

Go Back   Oldsmobile Forums > Older Requested Oldsmobile Models > Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight (98)

Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight (98) Forum specifically intended for Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight (98) based discussions.

Oldsmobile Forum: Post your 98's miles!

Old February 27th, 2011

bergsjnk8298regency is on a distinguished road
miles

82 old orgianal mile 95000

Old March 19th, 2011

radioman is on a distinguished road
Radioman here with a 1981 Olds 98 Regency Snd 4 window notch roof car.
40,000 original miles, orig paint and everything except tires and tune up.
#16 built for the year at Lansing its a real head turner!!!

Light blue metalic with a dark blue padded top and dark blue velour coushioned interior. Fact 8 track and power ariel work 100%

Fat whitewall royal seal tires and spoke caps set it off great!!
Old April 16th, 2011

1994Olds98 is on a distinguished road
My 94 Oldsmobile 98 regency just hit 140,000 miles the other day...all original just maintenance except i cant drive it now because the brake pedal just goes to the floor and barely brakes so i think it might be the master cylinder for the brakes but im not driving it for the time being because its not worth the chance of wrecking it
Old April 24th, 2011

96OldsNinetyEight is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polymath View Post
Got my 1993 Regency almost 6 years ago at roughly 140k. Hard to believe it's been that long! Has 185k now.

Bought it for $700 because it was ugly -- peeling paint, minor dent in rear, etc. A/C has never blown cold. Eventually I'll replace the compressor with R134a. For some reason, the compressor doesn't kick in anymore when I turn on the A/C. And when I first start up the engine, the temp gauge blinks for a minute. Know what that's about?

So far, in no particular order:

Put some Michelins on it.

Pads and one caliper. One rotor.

One wheel hub assembly.

Radiator.

I have a spare brake master cylinder that I haven't installed. I noticed a slight leak below it where it mounts to the firewall.

The power steering pump (I think) is leaking. Fluid is being slung about by the belt. I need a new belt too.

Some rubber hoses need to be replaced.

Basic stuff like fuel filter I've done and need to do again. Same with plugs and wires. I haven't done the PCV yet. Need to. I use only full synthetic oil. Mid-grade gas.

I'm going to try adding some fuel and oil additives to clean things out.

Someone tried to steal it once. Busted up the column housing and innards. Still looking for a new one! I think the ignition switch was misaligned before that anyway. Occasionally, I'd turn the key and nothing. Now, I engage the switch "manually" on the left side of the column. I bypassed the security with a resistor matching the one in the key.

I need a left front fender if anyone has one. It was cracked when I bought it. It came without a radio. I'd like to find the stock radio so I can use the steering wheel controls. Got one cheap?

Window switches suck. Door lock switches suck.

Overall though, this car kicks ass. I plan on keeping it a long time. Until gas becomes unaffordable anyway.
The temp light blinks because...I forget why. But you can just unplug the sensor, shut car off, plug sensor in and it will stop blinking. The sensor is in front of the radiator and accessible through the front bumper. Check the forums, I have a thread out about it with a better description of what to do.
Old April 24th, 2011

BobbyW is on a distinguished road
1988 98 Regency Brougham with 106K miles.
All original, garage kept. Almost never outside in rain or snow (never snow, they use salt here in Chicago).

I think it may be good for another 23 years.

Bobby
Old May 4th, 2011

TennesseeTom is on a distinguished road
Just found this site, glad to be here.

I'm driving a 1990 Regency brougham 98.

at 154,000, the transmission was rebuilt.

currently at 180,381 and I have the steering column out to fix a wobble caused by 4 reverse torx bolts. Have it ready to go back in but not before I replace:

the wiper motor
the evaporator coil
the electronic climate control unit

have all the parts for the remaining things, just haven't found the time yet.

daily driver, runs great. Cruise control is broken too but will get to it eventually. (don't really need it)

aftermarket head unit, 3 1/2 bostons 6x9 4way pioneers and a triple 8" jl w3 sub system off a soundstream rubicon

Paid about 150 for the stereo total, just things laying around mostly.

love the car, love the site, time to start digging!

oh yeah, and the keyless entry is a joke.
Old May 5th, 2011

96OldsNinetyEight is on a distinguished road
Why is the keyless entry a joke. My keyless stopped working on my '96. It's annoying me.
Old May 14th, 2011

bluebetsy72 is on a distinguished road
53000 miles and purs like a kittin
Old May 21st, 2011

kcyrhw is on a distinguished road
oldsmobile

I have a 1989 98 regancy brougham oldsmobile and i have 195,560 on.it and still going.
i all so get 34 miles to the gallon on the highway.
the only thing that has happen the ac pump went out.
and the trany gasget keeps leeking trans fulid but onther than that i
have not had any marjor problems with it.,
I would like to know where i can get a DIC information center i can not find one i my state. that is seperate from the dash.
Old June 15th, 2011

freebirdforever is on a distinguished road
1996 oldsmobile 98 Regency Elite.
186,548 miles, 35-40 MPG in the summer, 25-30 in winter.

Only problem I have is a crack in the radiator (partially) fixed with Stop Leak.