oldsmobile forums   oldsmobile forums

Go Back   Oldsmobile Forums > Oldsmobile Etcetera > Oldsmobile Infotainment and Security Systems

Oldsmobile Infotainment and Security Systems Forum specifically intended for Oldsmobile infotainment and security system based discussions.

Oldsmobile Forum: Shaft mount stereos

Old April 13th, 2004

jaydubyagee
I'm looking for a new stereo for my 1970 98. I'd like a shaft mount stereo, but the only ones I'm aware of are the Kenwood models and the solutions from Custom Auto Sound. Can anyone suggest other shaft mount options?

Old April 15th, 2004

Rambo
I'm not familiar with shaft mount stereo's. If you give me an idea of what exactly to look for, I could definately do some searching for ya.

-Kevin
Old August 29th, 2005

1996CUTLAS_SUPREAM
i would have to say custom auto sound is it unless you get on ebay and buy a old scholl radio
Old August 30th, 2005

DrRansom442
Quote:
Originally posted by jaydubyagee@Apr 13 2004, 12:27 PM
I'm looking for a new stereo for my 1970 98. I'd like a shaft mount stereo, but the only ones I'm aware of are the Kenwood models and the solutions from Custom Auto Sound. Can anyone suggest other shaft mount options?
[snapback]844[/snapback]

sell ya the POS Pioneer Super Tuner cassette deck in my car, it pops and crackles like its AM, so it will sound very nostalgic
Old October 1st, 2006

LedHed430 is on a distinguished road
LMAO Doc, gotta love all things retro.

Jay,

I've got an old OEM shaft mount rig from a '73 Grandville in the attic. I think the dash's were similar. This one's got a really nostalgic sound: wind noise, rattles, squeaks, any sound your car makes cause I don't think the radio works. I'll even throw in a broken clock too. Actually, I don't know if it works or not, I pulled the OEM out and put in a JVC without even turning the old unit on.

Rich