oldsmobile forums   oldsmobile forums

Go Back   Oldsmobile Forums > Oldsmobile Etcetera > Oldsmobile Classifieds

Notices

Oldsmobile Classifieds Buy/Sell/Wanted ads for Oldsmobile vehicles and parts.

Oldsmobile Forum: For Sale: 1961 Super 88 $1USD

Old March 7th, 2017

Atlas is on a distinguished road
For Sale: 1961 Super 88 $1USD

This Olds was my first car that I ever worked on, but I moved to the city and it's just not practical to bring with me. All I want is for this car to go to someone who is going to love it and work on it, even if it's just for resale. It'd break my heart to see it scrapped.

> For sale
> Sale price $1 USD
> Location: Central Oregon, USA
> You must pick up the vehicle!

This vehicle was bought new by my Mother's Godparents and used strictly as a "drive to the grocery store on Sundays" vehicle. It sat for many years before my father began work on it. He found second Super 88 in worse condition and stripped its parts, meaning that I have many duplicates. My father then rebuilt most of it (especially rubber pieces) and used it as a daily driver. Again, it then sat and fell somewhat into disrepair before it was given to me. I've done lots of work like replacing both heads, rebuilding the carb, rebuilding the fuel pump, etc.

The last time I fired it up was several years ago, here is the youtube video I took. Sorry for the low quality, but it shows that it DOES RUN.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ps_tlr9BEs

When I went out this last winter to start it, it didn't turn over. It could be a bad battery or there's a chance the starter is frozen.

Here are some additional pictures. http://imgur.com/a/BgaYi

If you have questions, want more pics/videos, or any other request for info I'd be more than happy to answer them.

Oh, and I do have the registration, original owner's manual, etc.

Old April 17th, 2017

slickshift is on a distinguished road
you have a private message
Old April 17th, 2017

slickshift is on a distinguished road
61 olds

you have a private message
Old April 20th, 2017

bumpinJ is on a distinguished road
Looks a good project. Hope she ends up with the right person.

Tags
for sale, super 88